760-942-8505 Ext 109
- Action Sports
- Intellectual Property
- Online Marketing
Seyamack Kouretchian is a Managing Partner of Coast Law Group, LLP, where he chairs the firm’s Intellectual Property and Online Marketing & Computer Law practice groups, and co-chairs the firm’s Action Sports, Business and Corporate practice groups. Mr. Kouretchian provides counsel and strategic advice to action sports, technology, media, apparel, manufacturing, and service-oriented businesses, entrepreneurs and executives, as well as high net worth individuals, in the areas of intellectual property enforcement and protection, corporate formation and governance, finance, and dispute resolution.
Mr. Kouretchian started his career in New York City where he quickly developed a reputation as a pioneer in computer and Internet Law representing a collective of media and high technology start-up companies. Within a few short years, Mr. Kouretchian was nationally recognized for having developed creative and advanced methods for deals related to the intangible world of the data bits and bytes.
From developing the international cybercasting licenses used by musical artists around the world, to enforcing the rights of the multimedia producers for such projects as Woodstock.com and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, to coordinating complex software development joint ventures between such parties as IBM® , Apple®, Intel®, Adobe®, Qualcomm®, and countless venture-backed start-ups, Mr. Kouretchian’s experience with electronic commerce, technology issues, and online entertainment allowed him to develop creative solutions to a myriad of complex commercial issues.
Since moving to Southern California, Mr. Kouretchian’s practice has expanded to include representation of Action Sports companies, athletes/celebrities, and executives in a variety of high profile transactions and disputes. Mr. Kouretchian now represents some of the largest privately-held action sports companies and brands in the world in all aspects of their licensing and distribution, intellectual property protection and enforcement, endorsement acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Because some business deals are not resolved without judicial intervention, Mr. Kouretchian has also developed a uniquely aggressive litigation style. Having successfully litigated cases with an aggregate value exceeding $500,000,000.00, Mr. Kouretchian is able to provide his clients with effective results and optimal strategies in otherwise impossibly adversarial situations.
Mr. Kouretchian regularly lectures attorneys, law students, and industry people alike about Internet law, intellectual property (trademarks and copyrights), licensing, and corporate governance. His articles and interviews regarding the legal implications of doing business online also regularly appear in publications around the world.
Bar / Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District of Minnesota
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
Professional Accomplishments and Affiliations
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California. Juris Doctorate.
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California. Bachelor of Arts – International Relations.
- Faculty Member, Pepperdine University School of Law, “Cyberspace Law” Professor.
- CLE Faculty member, University of California at Santa Barbara, “Fundamentals of High Technology Start-Ups.”
- CLE Faculty Member, University of California at Santa Barbara, “Cyberlaw- The New Frontier.”
- CLE Faculty Member, California State Bar Association, “Intellectual Property In Cyberspace.”
- CLE Faculty Member, Fordham Law School, “Intellectual Property In the Sale of a Business.”
- CLE Faculty Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, “Intellectual Property Landmines.”
- CLE Faculty Member, New York State Bar Association, “Legal Technology.”
- Southern California Superlawyer, Corporate Counsel
- Superlawyer, Intellectual Property
- Issues for Sports Apparel Clients and Lawyers Navigating Fashion Law (Aspatore 2015). Full Article »
- E-Commerce Internet Retail: Keeping It Legal; What to Know Before Navigating Web Waters, Promowear (Winter 2013). Full Article »
- Video Game License Agreements, New York Law Journal, Silicon Valley Edition (June 2002).
- Nuts and Bolts of Website Development and Hosting Agreements, New York Law Journal and E-Commerce Law Weekly (March 27, 2000).
- Revised Rules Govern Domain-Name Disputes, National Law Journal (October 28, 1996).
- Running Naked in a Minefield, New York Law Journal (March 18, 1996).
- Digital Pirates Plundering Performance Rights, National Law Journal (October 23, 1995).
- Litigating in 2025, New York Law Journal (April 26, 1995).
- Cyberspace Success in the Year 2000, New York Law Journal (January 23, 1995).
- Netlaw Review, New York Law Journal (June 16, 1995).
- Litigation Support Products Worth It, New York Law Journal, (July 17, 1995).
Outside of the office, Seyamack enjoys long days on the beach with his family and friends.
1140 South Coast Highway 101 Encinitas, CA 92024
By clicking submit, you expressly confirm 1. that an attorney/client relationship is NOT created; and 2. that you expressly agree to be contacted by one of our attorneys or staff members via email or telephone.