(760) 942-8505 Ext 117
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Human Rights
- Consumer Fraud
- Product Defect
Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.
— Ruth Bader Ginsberg
Amy is both a zealous advocate and a compassionate advisor to her personal injury clients. She is dedicated to doing everything possible to obtain the maximum recovery for her clients after they are injured due to someone else’s carelessness. She devotes personal attention to each client to address their specific needs creatively and effectively. Amy’s extensive background in litigation including trials means she does not shy away from fighting to the end to achieve justice.
- B.A., Pomona College
- Department of Justice, Environmental Enforcement Section, Intern
- Office of the United States Attorney, Southern District, Intern
- The Honorable William V. Gallo, Judicial Intern
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2011 (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- Journal of Climate and Energy Law, Editor
- Energy Policy Initiatives Center (“EPIC”), contributor to San Diego’s climate action plan
- State Bar of California’s Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Irvin J. Kahn Award for outstanding performance in real property class
- CALI Awards in Criminal Law, Advanced Environmental Law, Climate Change Law and Policy, Criminal Procedure I, and Insurance Law
Agents of Change: How Collaboration among Insurers and the Public Sector Can Manage Risk and Foster Climate-Neutral Behavior, Harvard Law and Policy Review, Winter 2012 (available at: http://harvardlpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/6.1_10_Johnsgard.pdf)
BAR AND COURT
Amy is licensed to practice law in all state and federal district courts in California.
A San Diego native, Amy’s passion for the law developed prior to law school when she worked as a paralegal for a solo practitioner in La Jolla. During that time, she also devoted hundreds of pro bono hours with the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program. Providing life-saving legal aid to these individuals was an empowering experience which provided insight into the unique role lawyers play in society to help those confronted with injustice or injury.
While not working, Amy enjoys yoga, traveling, live music, and rescuing and petting as many dogs as possible.